We are moving to an online meeting format. Our next meeting will be on Sunday, July 19th at 2:00 PM PST via Zoom (link will be sent later). The topic will be on Health Savings Account by Yateendra Kulkarni.
Our meetings in 2020:
- February 23, 2020 – “Tax Loss Harvesting” by Sunil Agrawal. Here are the notes.
- January 13, 2020 – Robo Advisors by Ravi Srinivas. Here are his notes.
Our meetings in 2019:
- November 18, 2019 –Tax Advantaged Savings Plans by Diwakar Vishakhadatta. Here are his notes.
- October 14, 2019: What’s in Your Financial Toolbox? Meeting notes
- September 9, 2019: Balanced Funds: Classic, Life Strategy, and Target Date Funds
- July 15, 2019: Principles for Successful Investing. Jim Cosgrove‘s meeting notes
- June 10, 2019: An Experiment in Dividend Investing. Jim Cosgrove‘s meeting notes
- May 13, 2019: Working with a Financial Planner. Harry Sit‘s meeting notes
- April 22, 2019: What we learned about taxes this year.
- March 11, 2019: Diversification, Asset Allocation, and Rebalancing
- February 11, 2019: International Investing. Arun Koparkar’s slides are here.
- January 10, 2019: Planning for Health Care Costs.
Our meetings in 2018:
- January 30 at 7:00 PM at the Saratoga Library. Alan Baker presents Avoiding Fraud and Identity Theft by Securing Your Digital Assets
- February 17 at 11:30 AM at Harry’s Hofbrau. Roundtable discussion following up on January’s topic. There’s more info on the Bogleheads forum.
- March 12 at 7:00 PM at the Saratoga Library. The topic is Achieving Early Retirement Through Financial independence. More detailed information can be found on the Bogleads forum. Topics include:
- Living below your means
- How to access retirement funds early without paying penalties
- Why a very long retirement (50+ years) doesn’t require much more money than a 20-30 year retirement
- Healthcare planning`
- April 19 at 7:00 at Merrill Gardens in Campbell. Panelists Rick Huang, Greg Dietrich, and Thomas Wang opined on: How are you preparing for the next bear market? The meeting notes are here.
- May 10 at 7:00 at Merrill Gardens in Campbell–an Investors’ Roundtable panel and Q&A. The meeting notes are here.
- June 14 at 7:00. The speaker was Maureen O’Connell, JD on What You Need to Know About Estate Planning
- July 16 at 7:00. TWO topics: Wild Cards and Black Swans: What are they and how to prepare – by Arun Koparkar AND Treasury Securities by Jim Cosgrove. Jim’s presentation is here.
- September 20 at 7:00. Jim Cosgrove presented Creating Your Financial Wellness Checklist.
- November 12 at 7:00. Steve Yang led a review and discussion of Ray Dalio’s book, “Principles for Navigating Big Debt Crises”. Steve’s review is here. The book is available as a free download here.
Our meetings in 2015 – 2017 are here.
The URL shortner for this page is https://bit.ly/2DXUmHt