We are moving to an online meeting format.
Our next meetings:
Time: 10:30AM PDT
Topic: Beyond CDs and Bonds. Click Here for Presentation.
Speaker: Harry Sit. Joint meeting w/Sacramento.
Our meetings in 2021:
- 3/21/2021, 2 pm PST. March Madness. All Members are invited to bring their questions or a topic they would like to discuss.
- 02/20/2021: Tools to Save Money on Healthcare by Joanne Rodrigues. Click Here for Presentation.
- 1/19/2021: Joint meeting with San Jose, Sacramento & San Diego—A conversation with JL Collins Author of “A simple path to Wealth”. No Handout.
Our meetings in 2020:
- 12/12/2020. 10:30AM PST. Cybersecurity: Protecting Your Digital Assets by Alan Baker. Click Here for Presentation.
- 11/21/2020 at 10:30AM PST International Investing, why it matters. by Paul White.
- 11/1/2020 at 2 PM PST Tax and Tax Strategies. by Olga Mavrody.
- 9/12/2020 at 10:30 am PDT Do annuities make sense for your portfolio? by Mel Turner.
- 8/23/2020 at 2 pm Alternative Investments by Kevin Dillion (Sacramento Bogleheads
- July 19th at 2:00 PM PST. Health Savings Account by Yateendra Kulkarni.
- February 23, 2020 – “Tax Loss Harvesting” by Sunil Agrawal. Here are the notes.
- January 13, 2020 – Robo Advisors by Ravi Srinivas. Here are his notes.
Our meetings in 2019:
- November 18, 2019 –Tax Advantaged Savings Plans by Diwakar Vishakhadatta. Here are his notes.
- October 14, 2019: What’s in Your Financial Toolbox? Meeting notes
- September 9, 2019: Balanced Funds: Classic, Life Strategy, and Target Date Funds
- July 15, 2019: Principles for Successful Investing. Jim Cosgrove‘s meeting notes
- June 10, 2019: An Experiment in Dividend Investing. Jim Cosgrove‘s meeting notes
- May 13, 2019: Working with a Financial Planner. Harry Sit‘s meeting notes
- April 22, 2019: What we learned about taxes this year.
- March 11, 2019: Diversification, Asset Allocation, and Rebalancing
- February 11, 2019: International Investing. Arun Koparkar’s slides are here.
- January 10, 2019: Planning for Health Care Costs.
Our meetings in 2018:
- January 30 at 7:00 PM at the Saratoga Library. Alan Baker presents Avoiding Fraud and Identity Theft by Securing Your Digital Assets
- February 17 at 11:30 AM at Harry’s Hofbrau. Roundtable discussion following up on January’s topic. There’s more info on the Bogleheads forum.
- March 12 at 7:00 PM at the Saratoga Library. The topic is Achieving Early Retirement Through Financial independence. More detailed information can be found on the Bogleads forum. Topics include:
- Living below your means
- How to access retirement funds early without paying penalties
- Why a very long retirement (50+ years) doesn’t require much more money than a 20-30 year retirement
- Healthcare planning`
- April 19 at 7:00 at Merrill Gardens in Campbell. Panelists Rick Huang, Greg Dietrich, and Thomas Wang opined on: How are you preparing for the next bear market? The meeting notes are here.
- May 10 at 7:00 at Merrill Gardens in Campbell–an Investors’ Roundtable panel and Q&A. The meeting notes are here.
- June 14 at 7:00. The speaker was Maureen O’Connell, JD on What You Need to Know About Estate Planning
- July 16 at 7:00. TWO topics: Wild Cards and Black Swans: What are they and how to prepare – by Arun Koparkar AND Treasury Securities by Jim Cosgrove. Jim’s presentation is here.
- September 20 at 7:00. Jim Cosgrove presented Creating Your Financial Wellness Checklist.
- November 12 at 7:00. Steve Yang led a review and discussion of Ray Dalio’s book, “Principles for Navigating Big Debt Crises”. Steve’s review is here. The book is available as a free download here.
Our meetings in 2015 – 2017 are here.
The URL shortner for this page is https://bit.ly/2DXUmHt