Our next meeting is January 10 at 7:00.
Our panel will discuss Planning for Health Care Costs. Topics will include costs, insurance options, and Medicare. Our goal is to focus on practical, actionable information. Our panel will be moderated by Jean Sloan. Our panelists are:
- Jeanne Texeira recently retired and will focus on Medicare.
- Amit Jain has researched why insurance costs are so opaque.
- Harry Sit has written several pertinent posts on his widely-read finance blog. He will cover how to select a “non-group” plan at pre-Medicare age, the choices, costs, and how to use ACA coverage.
- Jim Cosgrove will share real data on post-retirement costs over two decades, a rare opportunity to get a view of the actual trends in costs.
- Siva Uppalapati will outline the worst-case scenario for health insurance costs.
AND we’ll do a book exchange. Bring along a book you think someone else might enjoy reading.
Our meeting notices are posted here, on the Bogleheads forum, and in our email list. For more discussion, join our email list.
Our previous meetings in 2018:
- January 30 at 7:00 PM at the Saratoga Library. Alan Baker presents Avoiding Fraud and Identity Theft by Securing Your Digital Assets
- February 17 at 11:30 AM at Harry’s Hofbrau. Roundtable discussion following up on January’s topic. There’s more info on the Bogleheads forum.
- March 12 at 7:00 PM at the Saratoga Library. The topic is Achieving Early Retirement Through Financial independence. More detailed information can be found on the Bogleads forum. Topics include:
- Living below your means
- How to access retirement funds early without paying penalties
- Why a very long retirement (50+ years) doesn’t require much more money than a 20-30 year retirement
- Healthcare planning`
- April 19 at 7:00 at Merrill Gardens in Campbell. Panelists Rick Huang, Greg Dietrich, and Thomas Wang opined on: How are you preparing for the next bear market? The meeting notes are here.
- May 10 at 7:00 at Merrill Gardens in Campbell–an Investors’ Roundtable panel and Q&A. The meeting notes are here.
- June 14 at 7:00. The speaker was Maureen O’Connell, JD on What You Need to Know About Estate Planning
- July 16 at 7:00. TWO topics: Wild Cards and Black Swans: What are they and how to prepare – by Arun Koparkar AND Treasury Securities by Jim Cosgrove. Jim’s presentation is here.
- September 20 at 7:00. Jim Cosgrove presented Creating Your Financial Wellness Checklist.
- November 12 at 7:00. Steve Yang led a review and discussion of Ray Dalio’s book, “Principles for Navigating Big Debt Crises”. Steve’s review is here. The book is available as a free download here.
Our previous meetings in 2015 – 2017 are here.
The URL shortner for this page is https://bit.ly/2DXUmHt